Sunday 23 December 2007

Tangent: Off to Oz

Finally,at last, I'm off to Oz to see the wizard (NOT). There were (lots of) times I never thought we'd get there.
(Did this picture a few weeks ago in preparation for this day!)
I leave tomorrow morning and after circling the globe three times, arrive in Brisbane, something like Christmas night, which is like 4 am in my stomach and 22 past 37 in my head!
Neil is only leaving here on Boxing Day as he still has a temperature, and I will wait for him in Brisbane getting over my jet lag, exploring and buying something to wear for the wedding (been too sick to care).

We will get to Byron Bay just in time for the wedding which is on 29th December at 5pm on the beach.Then we will have the next 12 glorious days to relax, unwind, refresh, recharge our batteries to enable us to face everyday life once more. The last 'real' holiday we had was in Thailand in 1997, so it's our decade anniversary!

I wish you and yours a wonderful festive season, and a very HEALTHY , happy 2008.

I wrote my first post on 6/7/07 and the last 6 months have been an incredible journey as I wend my way to 60. I have made new friends, been able to help a lot of people along the way, and 'grown' myself.

Big hugs to you all till we meet again in 'Blogland'.
FY