Tuesday 11 December 2007

Fifty-eight: Continue crocheting



I knitted all the pullovers and cardigans for our family for over 20 years. I embroidered table cloths and also completed over 15 tapestries (will post some photos of them ). I then fell under the spell of crossstitching and have loads of these all stuck away in a case somewhere(will post photos of them too).
Crocheting always came second best to my knitting, but nowadays it is all I do when sitting down to relax. Ican't just sit down and do nothing, my hands have to be busy.

I found the Cuddles charity web site about 2 years ago and started making blankets for premature and still born babies, and this is my latest batch. I've probably sent about 60 blankets to them so far.
The fact that they are so small is good for my hands, as large things make them ache nowadays. Also, my eyesight isn't what it used to be either.
I like the thought that a family will be given one of my blankets at a difficult time in their lives, and maybe even keep/ cherish it forever.

A lot of love and care goes into my little cuddles blankets.

If you like crocheting, maybe there is a charity like this near you.