Saturday 11 August 2007

Twenty-nine: Write more poetry


Rummaging through the boxes in our third bedroom (junk room), I found my fridge words that Steve had bought for me in Cape Town about 9 years ago. I sorted them all out and found a way to place them on the back of a tray to hold them in one place as they are small and very fiddly.
Made this poem and stuck it on my fridge door, and reflected on the other poetry I had written years and years ago.
After 20 years of struggling with Anorexia and Bulimia, I decided I needed help.It is a decision, much like Alocoholics Anonymous....'hello, my name is .....and I am anorexic and bulimic'.Only at this stage can any sort of healing begin from within and without. During the period that followed, months and years, I started writing poetry about my problem, which I found extremely cathartic. But, for some reason I cannot find any of my files. I obviously packed them away so well they have disappeared, or disintegrated. Who knows ?Maybe they will appear some day. Until then, I'll start writing about 'things'. And I'll use my fridge words to get me going. Thanks again Steve.