Sunday 12 August 2007

Tangent: A tribute

First bath, 3 months old, (2001).


I looked down at Snuffles lying contentedly at my feet, after stumbling on Bernie's site and tears came to my eyes. There are so many selfless people in this world, and she is one of them.

They say: 'a dog is not just for Christmas, but for life'. So many people, well meaning as they might be, get a dog- either it's foist on them, or they are feeling sentimental, or accept it in a very weak moment, without realising all that this huge responsibility entails. Soon enough, this little bundle of fur has wreaked havoc in their lives causing arguments, hysteria, regret and downright anger.

These dogs, just like out children, don't ask to be born, nor can they choose the home they are in or the people who care for them. They say 'it's a dog's life' and ( as in Snuffs case) that means 'heaven, but in many of Bernie's dos' cases it means HELL.

Please take a moment to read her blog and perhaps to contribute something to a worthy cause. She is definitely on my list of charities from now on and I shall be sending any old doggie things accumulated over the years to her.

Please help.

Bernie, I honour you.