Wednesday 6 February 2008

'MY CUP RUNNETH OVER'

I have always shied away from throwing myself into my birthdays, after having had so many sad ones, disappointing ones, lonely ones, difficult ones, troublesome ones, unhappy ones and just plain miserable ones....so many!

However,this year is very special, as so many people in my family didn't reach 60.
From 1980-1984, we had 12 deaths in our family (almost 3 a year) and 8 of those died before 60 (some long before 60). This affected me for many years, and I half believed I wouldn't reach 60 either.
Here I am - 60 - and very blessed to be (quite) well and fit, very young at heart, not too many 'pleats' in my face (yet), a (depleted) family and lots of friends. Thanx to all of you in blogland too, who have sent me good wishes.
I suppose the biggest realisation of this birthday is that I AM TRULY LOVED.
After so many years of struggling through a difficult childhood, battling with anorexia and bulimia, marriage, divorce, marriage, divorce,emigration, fleeing, re-emigration, and many many periods of hopelessness, depression and desolation, I feel at last that I have come out of the dark tunnel of my past and can breathe fresh air once more.

No doubt, I will always have to battle with my demons....
BUT, IF 60 IS THE NEW 40, I AM READY!
























FLOWERS, FLOWERS AND CARDS, FLOWERS AND CARDS AND PRESSIES.















A PICTORIAL REPRESENTATION OF MY CHILDHOOD DONE BY STEVE
A FUTURE FAMILY HEIRLOOM






LUNCH WITH MY 'BOYS'. AM TRULY LOVED.












ROLLS ROYCE AND CHAFFEUR FETCHED ME ON SUNDAY.
I NEARLY FAINTED WITH SHOCK.








TEA AND CHAMPAGNE AT THE ST JAMES'S HOTEL, PICCADILLY, LONDON WITH MARK AND CARLA.








ARRIVING HOME TO FIND THE HOUSE ADORNED WITH PINK BALLOONS, WITH MY FACE ON THEM!!










A DIAMOND RING FROM THE ONLY MAN I HAVE EVER TRULY LOVED. (photo taken in Oz)
MY CUP RUNNETH OVER!