Friday 8 February 2008

Another countdown

#Six: Visit cemetries


I have visited a cemetery twice with Steve and enjoyed it. It's one of his favourite places, but I didn't think I'd like to be there as much as I did. One can either have a philosophical discussion or merely just take in the ambience.This one, although just off a very busy road in London, was peaceful, quiet, wild flowers all abuzz with bees, rustling of leaves, and the many gravestones, although old and almost unreadable, felt comforting. (I drew this last Summer while I was there). Will go again soon.


#Seven: Relish my 'joie de vivre'


I do have an incredible joy of life, and try to relish it as often as I can.


#Eight: Brag more about my granddog

This I do very very often.




#Nine: Go dancing


We had a few dances at Mark and Carla's boat party but I was so ill I couldn't enjoy it much. Maybe we will try an afternoon 'tea dance' as they have in London for the oap's (old age pensioners). I should fit in well there as I am one of them now!


#Ten: Fight the bulge




I fought the bulge, won and then lost again!


Towards the end of 2006 I was told by the doctor to lose about 12 pounds for my cholesterol. So I joined Weight Watchers (on line) and lost 9 of those, feeling great and looking good.I have put them all on again these past 6 months, so will endeavour to re-join WW and get rid of them (for my health's sake, not because I want to).


#Eleven: Do more drawing/painting


Thanks to the wonder of blogland, I have done this thoroughly and will continue to do so. I just need to pluck up the courage to go to some more art courses (the last one with the 'Weasel' was a fiasco and hurt my confidence a lot). But I have so much to learn.



#Twelve: Fall in love again


We have become so bogged down in our daily lives that we hardly even notice each other anymore. I realised this had happened a lot to us recently. We were in a rut and knew it. I began to get that familiar old feeling of being 'closed in'. But, somehow the magic of that day on the beach watching our son getting married seemed to make us both realise how much we had drifted apart, and now we are definitely back on track, 'seeing' each other again. Hope it lasts.(Of course, 2 hours on a nudist beach helped a lot too!)