Thursday 7 February 2008

Countdown

As my blog draws to a close, it's time to review my 60 things to see whether I did them before turning 60 on 4th february 2008, or whether I have yet to do them, or may never do them!

I started my blog on the 10 June 2007, with lots of encouragement from Steve.

#One: Get a tattoo.

I got the tattoo on the 11 August and thank goodness Bev came with me, but she was squirming more than I was.


#Two: Write a blog.

Yes, I've certainly done this one.

#Three: New Glasses

I went to have my eyes checked on the 11th June 2007 and saw a divine frame silver and pink frame. 'Pink' I thought, 'why not?' And promptly bought them.

#Four: Pink hair

Which came first...the chicken or the egg? well which came first...the pink hair or the pink glasses? Find out here.

#Five: Visit a nudist beach

Oh yes I did! Oh no you didn't! Oh yes I did!

We had decided to do this before we went to Oz, so waited patiently for the rain to stop. One day, although overcast and cool, we set off, parked the car, and walked about a half a mile through a rain forest, down a steep track (of course therse beaches aren't nearby) till we got to this gorgeous secluded beach,only to find it was predominantly gay.
Neil complained as there wasn't enough 'eye candy' for him, but was I happy!!

What freedom, and what fun. We had one of the best days of our loves on that beach, laughing, giggling, splashing, romping and just feeling totally liberated. Can't wait to do this again one day. It's not about age or body beauty, it's about freedom and choice.



This photo proves I was there. Note the pink hat (positioned for the picture) which matches the pink hair and pink glasses!