Friday 29 June 2007

Twelve: Fall in love again


Not fall in lust, I've done that more times than you've had breakfast.

No, rather that dizzy, dazy, whirly, whooshy, whippy, wonderful 'falling' in love.

Why is it called 'falling'?

I reckon it's because you do 'fall'.....from a huge height. You lose all balance, all control, all sense of what's right or wrong, what's good or bad, what's true or untrue. Often it can be like being in a dream, a very satisfying one or a frighteningly nightmarish one.

Falling in love is not all 'strawberries and cream', rather much more like a mixture between 'Romeo and Juliet' and 'Beauty and the Beast'.

Notwithstanding this, it is quite the most perfectly amazing feeling in the whole wide world, totally insanity that can last for an hour, a day, a week or even longer ( I don't think!)

That's the opposite side of my personality peeping through.
Being an Aquarian. I see life through one rose-coloured side of my glasses, a total 'hollywood' view, but through the other side of my 'grey -coloured' glasses I see the 'life's a bitch and then you die' view.

Part of me adores the ' falling in love' stage, where nothing can go wrong. That heart hammering, ribs knocking, sandpapery mouth, earthquakey knees and croaky voice type of love. You feel you can't breathe, that unless that other person is with you 24/7 you might surely die, and (an extra bonus) you go completely off your food and start to look like Naomi Campbell.

God, how I love that bit - not only the Naomi Campbell bit- the whole megillah!
I have loved several times in my life, as I am an 'all or nothing' sort, but I have only really 'fallen' in love three times.


Soul mates.

Aha now that's a completely different kettle of fish.

I thought one of my three was, he wasn't.

I knew one of my three wasn't, he wasn't.

I knew one of my three was and he felt it too, but we did not end up together!

Love........shmuv......